Couples Therapy is an opportunity to:
- Learn how to spend less time arguing
- Clarify and resolve the issues that come up again and again
- Learn from and apply the current research on gender, brain, sexuality, and relationship.
- Consider practical alternatives in the common problem areas of sexuality, parenting, finances, in-laws, and housework.
- Identify the hidden issues that intensify conflict.
- Assess your conflict style and develop a broader repertoire of conflict skills.
- Learn how your family history and personal history may be affecting your current relationship and what to do about it.
Couples therapy works!
Check out some of the latest research at these sites.
PREP stands for Prevention and Relationship Enhancement Program. PREP is research-based and research-tested. It is couples education that works. Books and workbooks for self-study can be purchased via this site. Or look for a PREP workshop near you.
This is the official site of the Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus author John Gray. John's materials are fun, easy to understand and based on research. His more recent additions include gender-specific diet and exercise strategies to increase the hormones related to passion and a sense of well-being.
Dr. John Gottman is famous for his "Four Horsemen of the Apocolyse" that predict divorce with 90% accuracy! Read more about them and what to do about them at this site.
All resources listed on this page are for your information only and therefore should not be seen as an endorsement of all content by Pam Shore, MFT or Palo Verde Therapy, Inc.